Membership Benefits for You:
Standard Individual Membership, $95
Along with the satisfaction of knowing you’re now helping to continue the tradition of fine letterpress printing, you’ll receive many benefits as a Book Club of California Member:
- Lectures, exhibitions, workshops, lunchtime, and evening events
- Club hospitality in downtown San Francisco, including our Monday night gatherings from 5-7 p.m.
- Access to The Book Club of California Albert Sperisen Library collection of fine press books and ephemera printed in California and the West, including books on the history of printing and the book arts, books on California history and literature, and bibliographies.
- The Club’s Quarterly News-Letter, a beautifully printed collection of stories and articles about fine letterpress books
- Our award-winning Annual Keepsake
- Access to The Bookshop, offering Book Club publications, and exclusive Book Club items—along with a ten percent pre-publication discount on Book Club of California books
- A fifteen percent discount on Club room rental for private events (based on availability)
- Printed ephemera: invitations, book prospectuses, exhibition checklists, memorial keepsakes, and more
- Field trips and co-sponsored events with other allied arts organizations
- The Fellowship of American Bibliophilic Societies (FABS) semi-annual newsletter, along with visiting privileges to more than two dozen bibliophilic organizations (such as The Grolier Club and The Rowfant Club)
Sustaining Membership, $150
Includes all the Standard membership benefits, plus:
- A one-year subscription to Parenthesis (details about Parenthesis here)
- And coming soon: A Passport to California History: Free or reduced admission to select historical museums in Northern California, Southern California, and nationwide through the “Time Travelers Network”
Patron Membership, $250
Includes all the Sustaining membership benefits, plus:
- Golden Passport to Art: Free admission, discounts on store purchases at the Asian Art Museum, Oakland Museum, Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Jose Museum of Art, Skirball Cultural Center, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, and over eighty museums nationwide through the North American Reciprocal Program
Sponsor Membership, $500
Includes all the Patron membership benefits, plus:
- A one-year membership in the California Historical Society
- Special Donor Event
Benefactor Membership, $1000
Includes all the Sponsor membership benefits, plus:
- A day-long or evening class at the San Francisco Center for the Book
- A complimentary two-hour event at the San Francisco Book Club of California Club Room
Student Membership, $25
Includes the Book Club’s Quarterly News-Letter, a ten percent pre-publication discount on all books ordered, letterpress invitations to all events, and invitations to 35-and-under only events. Must have valid student I.D.
35-and-Under Membership, $35
Includes the Book Club’s Quarterly News-Letter, a ten percent pre-publication discount on all books ordered, letterpress invitations to all events, and invitations to 35-and-under only events.