The San Francisco Chronicle
Book Club of California Gala Speaks Volumes, Sam Whiting, September 2010
A Haven for the Printed Word, Regina Marler, January 2015
Young Novelists, Old Institutions: GRANTA at the Book Club of California, Lydia Kiesling, April 2013
Celebrating 100 Years of the Book Club of California, Richard Davies, September 2011
Felt & Wire
The Book Club of California Celebrates its Centennial with Style, Alyson Kuhn, December 2012
The Case of the Sherlockian Miranker, Alyson Kuhn, June 2012
Matthew Carter Talks Type with Patrick Coyne at the Book Club of California, Alyson Kuhn, February 2011
2011 Bookbuilders West Award for Jo Mora, California Cowboy and Artist by Peter Hiller.
2011 Wood Type Evolved, Experimental Letterpress in the 21st Century, September 8-December 10, 2011, Center for Book and Paper Arts, Columbia College, Chicago, Centennial Broadside designed by Havilah Press exhibited.
2010 Zamorano Select: Significant Books of California chosen by The Zamorano Club, Los Angeles:
- Robert H. Becker. Disenos of California Ranchos: Maps of Thirty-Seven Land Grants (1822-1846). San Francisco: The Book Club of California, 1964.
- _____. Designs on the Land: Disenos of California Ranchos and Their Makers. San Francisco: The Book Club of California, 1969.
- Gary Kurutz. The California Gold Rush: A Descriptive Bibliography of Books and Pamphlets Covering the Years 1848-1853. San Francisco: The Book Club of California, 1997.
- On the Ambitious Projects of Russia in Regard to North West America, with Particular Reference to New Albion and New California … by an Englishman. The Book Club of California [produced at the Allen Press by Lewis and Dorothy Allen at Kentfield, California], 1955
- The Santa Fe Trail to California, 1849-1852: The Journal and Drawings of H.M.T. Powell. San Francisco: The Book Club of California.
2009 Katharine Kyes Leab and Daniel J. Leab American Book Prices Current Exhibition Catalogue Award for the Gorey Checklist.
2008 Printing Industries of Southern California (PIASC) award for California Travel Posters keepsake.
2001 Commonwealth Club, California Book Award Silver Medal, Notable Contribution to Publishing, for Splendide Californie, Claudine Chalmers.
1996 APHA institutional award for contributions to the understanding of printing history.