MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL
Becoming a member of the Book Club of California is easy. Just click on the membership level you are interested in below. Soon you will receive a welcome packet from us and your name will appear on our New Members list in the next Quarterly News-Letter (QN-L).
Please note that annual renewals are due by January 1 of every year. Our membership is based on the calendar year, beginning in January and ending in December. Though most member benefits are available year-round, particular items such as our Quarterly News-Letter and Annual Keepsake are published in accordance with this annual schedule. If you would like to purchase a membership for the upcoming year, please communicate this in the Special Instructions section during checkout.
- A dynamic, year-round series of lectures, exhibitions, and workshops
- Access to special members-only events and reduced pricing on ticketed programs
- Club hospitality in downtown San Francisco during our frequent Monday night programs
- Free WiFi and members-only use of the clubrooms and lounge area for reading and quiet study during business hours
- Access to the Albert Sperisen Library—our remarkable collection of books, bibliographies, and ephemera
- A subscription to our Quarterly News-Letter, a letterpress-printed collection of book-related articles and reviews
- A complimentary copy of the Book Club of California’s award-winning Annual Keepsake
- The opportunity to preorder all forthcoming Book Club of California publications at a 10% discount or hold a standing order subscription
- A 15 % discount on Book Club room rentals for private events (based on availability)
- Printed ephemera: invitations, book prospectuses, exhibition checklists, memorial keepsakes, and more
Make Me a Standing Order Subscriber!
By agreeing to purchase all BCC publications, Standing Order members are guaranteed a copy of each book and receive a 15% discount off the retail price. The ongoing support of our Standing Order members ensures the success and vitality of our publications program. To become a Standing Order subscriber, look for the pop-up box after choosing a membership level below.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP, $95
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP, $25*
Student level members are not eligible for a standing order subscription and do not receive the Annual Keepsake or 10% prepublication discount, however preorders for forthcoming publications will be honored.
*Please send or email (email@example.com) a copy of a current student I.D.
Supporting Members play a crucial role in the ongoing success and vitality of the Book Club’s mission, and help make possible our public lectures, exhibitions, and world-renowned publications. If you appreciate these programs and activities and want to help ensure our ability to offer them to a wider public, please consider a Supporting Level Membership.
SUSTAINING MEMBERSHIP, $150
PATRON MEMBERSHIP, $250
SPONSOR MEMBERSHIP, $500
BENEFACTOR MEMBERSHIP, $1000
Questions? Call (415) 781-7532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For your tax records:
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. The BCC Federal Tax ID is 46-2954746. In accordance with the Internal Revenue Code, the tax-deductible portion of annual membership dues is $36 for Standard, $91 for Sustaining, $191 for Patron, $441 for Sponsor, and $941 for Benefactor.
Notable members, printers, speakers, authors, and collaborators past and present have included:
Ansel Adams, the Arion Press, the Artichoke Press, Nicholas Basbanes, Ambrose Bierce, Robert Bringhurst, Peter Coyote, Johanna Drucker, Isadora Duncan, William Everson, Edwin & Robert Grabhorn, Phoebe Apperson Hearst, Robinson Jeffers, Alfred A. Knopf, Peter Koch, Gary Kurutz, Anne Lamott, Oscar Lewis, Leonard Marcus, Donovan McCune, John Henry Nash, Ninja Press, Laurie Reed, Felicia Rice, Dominic Riley, Ward Ritchie, Rena Rosenwasser, Kay Ryan, Rebecca Solnit, Kevin Starr, Jack Stauffacher, Robert Louis Stevenson, John Steinbeck, Mark Twain, Susan Vreeland, Florence Walter, Anne Willan, Yolla Bolly Press, and many others.