MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL
Becoming a member of the Book Club of California is easy! Just click on the Join button below and follow the prompts in our membership store. Soon you will receive a welcome packet from us and your name will appear on our New Members list in the next issue of the Book Club of California Quarterly, our newsletter published exclusively for members.
Membership becomes effective immediately and will expire one year from the date payment is received.
- Invitations to our year-round series of lectures, exhibitions, and members-only events
- Members-only hospitality in downtown San Francisco prior to Monday-night programs
- 2 (two) complimentary guest passes for guest admittance to members-only hospitality
- Access to the Albert Sperisen Library—our remarkable collection of books, bibliographies, and ephemera
- Members-only use of the clubrooms for reading and quiet study during select hours
- Subscription to the Quarterly, the Book Club of California’s letterpress-printed journal of scholarly articles and news
- Complimentary copy of the Book Club of California’s award-winning keepsake
- 15% pre-publication discount on all forthcoming Book Club of California publications
- 10% discount on all publications
- Discounts at partnered San Francisco hotels & restaurants, including 15% off at Hotel Triton and 15% off at E&O Kitchen and Bar
- Member discounts on room rentals and advertising in our publications
- Book Club of California membership card
- Printed ephemera: invitations, book prospectuses, memorial keepsakes, and more
Institutional members will also be featured on our Institutional Members page and the Fine Books, Fine People membership honor roll in the club rooms.
At the Sustaining Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- 2 (two) additional guest passes for members-only hospitality (four total)
- Collectible enamel pin, available only to Book Club of California members at the Sustaining Level and above
At the Patron Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- 4 (four) additional guest passes for members-only hospitality (eight total)
- Priority seating guaranteed at Book Club of California events and programs
- Invitation to our Annual “Patron Plus” Cocktail Party
At the Sponsor Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- 1 (one) guest pass for members-only hospitality for each program
- Recognition on our Fine Books, Fine People membership honor roll, online and in the club rooms
- Limited-edition broadside printed on the Book Club of California’s Columbian hand press
At the Benefactor Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- Private evening of cocktails at the Book Club for you and 10 (ten) of your guests
- 25% discount off all Book Club of California publications
Make Me a Standing Order Subscriber!
By agreeing to purchase all forthcoming BCC publications after joining, Standing Order subscribers are guaranteed a copy of each book and receive a 15% discount off the retail price. The ongoing support of our Standing Order subscribers ensures the success and vitality of our publications program. Simply choose the Standing Order add-on when selecting your membership.
Questions? Call (415) 781-7532 or email email@example.com
For your tax records:
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by the law.
The BCC Federal Tax ID is 46-2954746.