MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL
Becoming a member of the Book Club of California is easy. Just click on the membership level you are interested in below. Soon you will receive a welcome packet from us and your name will appear on our New Members list in the next issue of the Book Club of California News-Letter.
Please note that annual renewals are due by January 1 of every year. Our membership is based on the calendar year, beginning in January and ending in December. Memberships purchased in October-December will automatically be applied to the following year and extended to include the remaining months of the current year.
- A dynamic, year-round series of lectures, exhibitions, and workshops
- Access to the Albert Sperisen Library—our remarkable collection of books, bibliographies, and ephemera
- Invitations to special members-only events and reduced pricing on ticketed programs
- Club hospitality in downtown San Francisco during Monday night programs
- Members-only use of the clubrooms for reading and quiet study during select hours
- A subscription to the Quarterly, a letterpress-printed collection of book-related articles and reviews, and the BCC News-Letter, a series on member and club news.
- A complimentary copy of the Book Club of California’s award-winning Annual Keepsake
- A 10% discount on preorders of all forthcoming Book Club of California publications or a 15% discount with a standing order subscription
- Member discounts on room rentals, advertising in our publications, and more
- Printed ephemera: invitations, book prospectuses, exhibition checklists, memorial keepsakes, and more
Institutional members will also be featured on our Institutional Members page and the Fine Books, Fine People membership honor roll in the club rooms.
At the Patron Level, you will also receive:
- Front row seating at our programs with a reservation
- A guest pass to members-only events
At the Sponsor Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- Invitation to our annual Sponsor Member Cocktail Party
- Recognition on our Fine Books, Fine People membership honor roll, online and in the club rooms
- A free introductory-level class at the San Francisco Center for the Book
At the Benefactor Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- A private tour of the Albert Sperisen Special Collections Library
- A one-of-a-kind gift set of Book Club ephemera
- A private evening of cocktails at the Book Club with 10 of your guests
- A class at the San Francisco Center for the Book, created exclusively for Benefactor members
Make Me a Standing Order Subscriber!
By agreeing to purchase all forthcoming BCC publications after joining, Standing Order subscribers are guaranteed a copy of each book and receive a 15% discount off the retail price. The ongoing support of our Standing Order subscribers ensures the success and vitality of our publications program. Simply choose the Standing Order add-on when selecting your membership.
Questions? Call (415) 781-7532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For your tax records:
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. The BCC Federal Tax ID is 46-2954746. In accordance with the Internal Revenue Code, the tax-deductible portion of annual membership dues is $36 for Standard, $91 for Sustaining, $191 for Patron, $441 for Sponsor, and $941 for Benefactor.