MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL
Becoming a member of the Book Club of California is easy. Just click on the membership level you are interested in below. Soon you will receive a welcome packet from us and your name will appear on our New Members list in the next issue of the Book Club of California News-Letter.
Please note that annual renewals are due by January 1 of every year. Our membership is based on the calendar year, beginning in January and ending in December. If you would like to purchase a membership for the upcoming year, please communicate this in the Special Instructions section during checkout.
- A dynamic, year-round series of lectures, exhibitions, and workshops
- Access to special members-only events and reduced pricing on ticketed programs
- Front row seating at programs and special events, when placing a reservation
- Club hospitality in downtown San Francisco during our frequent Monday night programs
- Free WiFi and members-only use of the clubrooms and lounge area for reading and quiet study during business hours
- Access to the Albert Sperisen Library—our remarkable collection of books, bibliographies, and ephemera
- A subscription to the Quarterly, a letterpress-printed collection of book-related articles and reviews, and the BCC News-Letter, a series on member and club news.
- A complimentary copy of the Book Club of California’s award-winning Annual Keepsake
- The opportunity to preorder all forthcoming Book Club of California publications at a 10% discount or hold a standing order subscription for a 15% discount
- A 15 % discount on Book Club room rentals for private events (based on availability)
- Printed ephemera: invitations, book prospectuses, exhibition checklists, memorial keepsakes, and more
- Coming Soon: Membership directory and members-only sections of the website.
Make Me a Standing Order Subscriber!
By agreeing to purchase all BCC publications, Standing Order members are guaranteed a copy of each book and receive a 15% discount off the retail price. The ongoing support of our Standing Order subscribers ensures the success and vitality of our publications program. To become a Standing Order subscriber, look for the pop-up box after choosing a membership level below.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP, $95
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP, $25*
Supporting Members play a crucial role in the ongoing success and vitality of the Book Club’s mission, and help make possible our public lectures, exhibitions, and world-renowned publications. If you appreciate these programs and activities and want to help ensure our ability to offer them to a wider public, please consider a Supporting Level Membership.
SUSTAINING MEMBERSHIP, $150
PATRON MEMBERSHIP, $250
SPONSOR MEMBERSHIP, $500
BENEFACTOR MEMBERSHIP, $1000
Questions? Call (415) 781-7532 or email email@example.com
For your tax records:
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. The BCC Federal Tax ID is 46-2954746. In accordance with the Internal Revenue Code, the tax-deductible portion of annual membership dues is $36 for Standard, $91 for Sustaining, $191 for Patron, $441 for Sponsor, and $941 for Benefactor.