MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL
Becoming a member of the Book Club of California is easy! Just click on the Join button below and follow the prompts in our membership store. Soon you will receive a welcome packet from us and your name will appear on our New Members list in the next issue of the Book Club of California Quarterly, our newsletter published exclusively for members.
Membership becomes effective immediately and will expire one year from the date payment is received.
- Invitation to all in-person and online public events and exhibitions, members-only events, and discounts on ticketed programs
- Admission to members-only hospitality at all Book Club of California programs and events, as available
- Special invitation to members-only Virtual Community Meetings — bibliophilic and bookish conversations held remotely
- Access to special content including the library of audio and video recordings for Book Club of California programs as part of ‘BCC@Home’ – an online members-only portal
- Subscription to ‘From the Librarian’ – the members-only monthly electronic newsletter about the Book Club’s Albert Sperisen Library
- Subscription to the Quarterly, the Book Club of California’s letterpress-printed newsletter and journal of scholarly articles
- Complimentary copy of the Book Club of California’s award-winning keepsake
- 15% pre-publication discount on all forthcoming Book Club of California publications
- 10% discount on all publications
- Book Club of California membership card
- Printed ephemera: invitations, book prospectuses, memorial keepsakes, and more
Institutional members will also be featured on our Institutional Members page and the Fine Books, Fine People membership honor roll in the club rooms.
At the Sustaining Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- Collectible enamel pin, available only to Book Club of California members at the Sustaining Level and above
At the Patron Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- Priority access guaranteed at Book Club of California in-person and online events and programs
- Invitation to our Annual “Patron Plus” Cocktail Party
At the Sponsor Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- Recognition on our Fine Books, Fine People membership honor roll, online and in the club rooms
- Limited-edition broadside printed on the Book Club of California’s Columbian hand press
At the Benefactor Level, you will receive all of the above plus:
- Private evening of cocktails at the Book Club for you and 10 (ten) of your guests
- 25% discount off all Book Club of California publications
Make Me a Standing Order Subscriber!
By agreeing to purchase all forthcoming BCC publications after joining, Standing Order subscribers are guaranteed a copy of each book and receive a 15% discount off the retail price. The ongoing support of our Standing Order subscribers ensures the success and vitality of our publications program. Simply choose the Standing Order add-on when selecting your membership.
Questions? Call (415) 781-7532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For your tax records:
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by the law.
The BCC Federal Tax ID is 46-2954746.